Tuesday, February 06, 2018 - 03:36 PM UTC
Tangent Scale Models has released a fleet of all new freight car replicas in HO/1:87, the General American 10,000 Gallon 1917-Design Radial Course Tank Car.
”This is an all new model that has never been offered before in HO scale plastic. (Radial course means the tank’s steel panels overlap each other, looking like “stairsteps”). This is our third all-new 1917-Design radial course tank car design released – the previous two were 8,000 gallon designs, while this one is 10,000 gallons.”
Three different Companies and unpainted models are offered. All these cars with the exception of the undecorated model are available with four road numbers.
Features with these models include:
– Circumferential riveted tank body and riveted underframe (count ‘em, there are many!)
– Radial course tank body – note the “stairstep” appearance!
– All-new underframe for the GATC 1917-design
– “See-through” cast knee above the bolsters
– Accurate dome appliances
– Dimensionally-correct hazardous placards with accurate hole detail
– Separately applied tank handrail
– Separately applied tank strap detail
– KC- or AB- brake variations depending on the prototype car
– Inclusion of Cardwell draft sill springs depending on the prototype car, otherwise “oval” frame openings where the springs were removed
– Different hand brake appliance options depending on the prototype car
– Highly correct “true to life” colors
– “Hyper-Accurate” lettering including exact fonts and lettering placement, including lettering applied to the underframe and air reservoir
– Durable wire grab irons and coupler lift bars
– Separate air hoses
– “Near-scale” draft gear box with side detail
– Kadee® “scale-head” couplers
– CNC-machined 33” wheels in high-quality Tangent Scale Models ASF cast steel truck with spring plank and with separate brake beams
– Replacement semi-scale wheels available separately from Tangent
– Multiple road numbers for each scheme – these cars often traveled in “groups” of more than one
– Recommended age 14 years and older
The 10,000 gallon tank cars released include:
-"Humble Petroleum Products” GATC 1917-design 10000 Gallon Tank Car - HO/1:87
-“Sinclair”GATC 1917-design 10000 Gallon Tank Car - HO/1:87
-“Hercules Powder” GATC 1917-design 10000 Gallon Tank Car - HO/1:87
-“Undecorated” RTR Black GATC 1917-design 10000 Gallon Tank Car - HO/1:87
Please remember, when contacting retailers or manufacturers, to mention that you saw their products highlighted here - on RAILROAD MODELING
THIS STORY HAS BEEN READ 750 TIMES.