by: Frederick Boucher [ ]
IntroductionDER MASS:STAB - Herpa's Cars & Truck Model Magazine is Herpa’s ambassador to the modeling world: an ideal magazine for all hobbyists. You will find lots of interesting information about Herpa and our new releases in this magazine designed for experienced collectors, model builders, and car enthusiasts. Diorama fans will discover intriguing articles as well. Entertaining and exciting stories about the original cars and trucks, and other interesting topics dealing with 1/87 scale models make this magazine a great treat for all Herpa fans. 
DER MASS:STAB is published six times a year. You can subscribe to it, or buy it from selected news stands in German railway stations, or from hobby shops around the world.
Herpa’s flagship magazine DER MASS:STAB 4/2011 issue is now available. Let’s take a look at the neat models and stories inside the covers!
TITELSTORY / COVER STORY
Der Neue Actros (The New Actros), the Mercedes-Benz Actros. Mercedes-Benz third major model of the Actros debuted in 2008 as the MP3 (Modellprojekt 3). It features a restyled exterior and a new Common-Rail V6 engine that meets Euro 6-Norm criteria. Actros also can be equipped with a new V8 engine. With the new propulsion and greater aerodynamics the truck is more efficient. Many features and packages are available, such as the special editions: BlackEdition, SpaceMax, and Truck-n-‘Roll. Also available are three comfort packages: Basic, Classic, and Top.
Herpa has released several models of the Actros in its many variants, including a special release of the “Top” version.
NEUHEITEN / NEWS
A fascinating section displaying innovations we will be seeing in the future. Ambulances, fire trucks, VW’s Golf and other family cars, and lots of big trucks, MB, MANN, Scania, DAF, to name a few.
REPORTAGE / REPORTING
• Herpa präsentiert Weltgeschichte (Herpa presents world history): NR. 12, dem Römischen Reich (the Roman Empire). Six pages featuring an elaborate rolling mural on a MAN semitruck of trucking company Trio Trans Logistik GmbH, and the people that run it.
• Jenseits Des Eisernen Vorhangs – Der GAZ-69 (Behind the Iron Curtain - The GAZ-69), the Soviet version of the Dodge WC series of light military trucks, and Herpa’s models thereof.
• ”Emma N.” – für jedes Gelände (“Emma N” – for all sites), the MAN-KAT heavy off-road vehicle, and military and civil variants
UMBAU / CONVERSIONS
• 2,4 Gigahertz in RC-modellen (2.4 gigahertz models in RC), two Herpa semis equipped with the new 2.4 GHz remote control device.
• BMW: Die grosse Leidenschaft (BMW: The passion), modeling BMW sports cars, Touring Limousines, and family cars. Herpa models featured are the BMW 6er Cabriolet and Coupe, 3er Cabrio and Coupe facelift, 1er M-Coupe, M% Limousine and Touring car, 6er Gran Coupe, B5 Limousine and Alpina Touring, X1 M, and X3 M
• Detailverliebt (Attention to Detail), kitbashing and detailing the varied fleet of der Spedition H. Essers
• Der Trabischrauber (The Trabi Wrenches), a detailed diorama of a garage servicing Trabant cars, featuring a lasercut garage building. It also features Herpa Trabi vehicles, Schwalbe scooters, camper, Herpa paint sets, and figures and accessories from other manufacturers.
• Ein Container-Terminal in 1:160 (A Container Terminal in N scale). This small diorama packs a great deal of action and detail
• Die Windenergie in HO (Wind Power in 1:87), erecting a wind turbine. All manner of modeling is shown including landscaping and road building. Also included is a scene featuring Herpa’s pre-fabricated house under construction, and a farm scene. The construction process— rollers, cranes, bulldozing, concrete pouring, paving, landscaping, etc., is represented.
NEU VON HERPA Herpa has released their model of the sixth generation of Volkswagens Golf Cabriolet, a mid-sized sports car. Four color choices are available, and Herpa has captured the look of the original with authentic chrome trim.
Finally, a section on book reviews, upcoming events and DER MASS:STAB articles of the next issue, and Herpa Club news:
• Wanted and For sale items, model shows and events calendar, and book reviews.
Several of the models featured within this issue can be found reviewed here at Railroad Modeling!
Please remember, when contacting retailers or manufacturers, to mention that you saw their products highlighted here - on Railroad Modeling.
, : Herpa